Orangetown is a town in Rockland County, New York, United States, located in the southeast part of the county. It is northwest of New York City, north of New Jersey, east of the town of Ramapo, south of the town of Clarkstown, and west of the Hudson River.
Orangetown was first settled around 1680. The town of Orangetown was the first town formed in Rockland County, after the county was established. The first settlers were Dutch men who purchased a tract of land from the Tappan Indians in 1686; their patent of the same year called the place Orange, but it was also known as Orangetown and Tappan (after the first village). When the state's first twelve counties were established in 1683, the territory that would become Orangetown lay within Orange County. It became part of Rockland County when that county was created in 1798.
Schools in Orangetown:
Tappan Zee High School
Dominic's High School
Cottage Lane Elementary School
Wm O Schaefer Elementary School
Pearl River Middle School
Some notable locations:
- Blauvelt State Park – A state park northeast of Blauvelt.
- Dederer Stone House-Stonehurst - (NRHP)
- Lake Tappan – A reservoir running north to south, roughly bisecting the town, and entering New Jersey at the south town line.
- Tallman Mountain State Park – A state park in Palisades, south of the village of Piermont.
For more information about Orangetown and the neighborhood, call a Q Home Sales Representative 845-35Q-HOME (845-357-4663)
Find a Home in Orangetown
- Chestnut Ridge
- New City
- New Hempstead
- Pearl River
- Spring Valley
- Stony Point
- Valley Cottage
- Wesley Hills
- West Haverstraw
- West Nyack
The source of the displayed data is either the property owner or public record provided by non-governmental third parties. It is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc.